Not everyone can afford an expensive laptop with the persistently looming threat of student loans, books and other living expenses at the back of their minds. For that reason, we’ve put together a short list cheap laptops for sale for those looking to buy a new machine even when the budget is tight and you do not have too much to spend.
In this digital age,computers have become more of necessities rather than luxuries. especially for students. Going off to high school or university without a decent laptop is like refusing to use pencil and paper.Many assignments have to be researched and typed within a limited period of time and having a laptop makes things so much easier for a student.
Most schools may have a computer lab but there is no privacy and you are probably limited to the length of time allowed to use it.
Then there is the option of using a cyber cafe but then the issue of privacy(again!) and it can be very expensive. Just not a sustainable option in the long run.
Buying a used laptop is like taking a gentle gamble since you have no idea what you are getting into. You may inspect it thoroughly but the reality is,when buying second-hand laptops, there is no guarantee of knowing the true condition of the laptop. There are many flaws and glitches associated with used laptops that will leave you feeling cheated and frustrated. The element of risk is just too high.
That’s why we put together this list of 5 cheap laptops for sale in Kenya that you can invest in with the least amount of money spent.
Cheap is not a dirty word!
Cheap is not a negative word when it comes to the laptops in today’s world and you do not have to look at our cheap laptops for sale in Kenya list with doubt.Whether you are buying it for yourself or buying it for someone else, there are many cheap laptops for sale with good features that you can purchase.
You don’t have to break the bank to get a decent laptop in Kenya. Truth is, the laptop market is increasing with each passing day and more manufacturers are stepping in to meet the demands.
This has created competition and the aggression of PC manufacturers has forced them to lower prices. This has made the pool of computers so wide that you cannot miss out on the best laptop for you, even when on a budget.
Factors to Consider When Looking for Cheap Laptops for Sale in Kenya
Laptops for students aren’t always the obvious choices for everybody else.Students want a machine that’s powerful, long-lasting, affordable, and stylish. These laptops may not be suitable for advanced gamers or people who use their computers for heavy tasks.
However, if you are looking for a laptop that can swiftly handle basic office tasks, our 5 cheap laptops for sale list is perfect for you, especially if you are a student. These laptops are powerful enough to type an assignment, surf the net, watch movies, listen to music and even play simple games.
Buying a computer that does not serve your needs is a terrible mistake that will leave you regretting for many years to come. Working with a limited budget usually means making a compromise. Here are a few important features that you must consider when you are looking for cheap laptops for sale in the Kenyan market:
- Memory (or RAM): You can easily find a budget laptop with 2GB or 4GB of RAM.Memory (or RAM) is relatively inexpensive now, so you’ll find that many budget laptops will come with 4GB of DDR3 memory (though you may be able to make do with less)
- Durability matters: Some laptops are designed with fragile shells while others come with tough ones that can endure a couple of knocks.Spill-resistant keyboards, MIL-SPEC tested are pluses.
- Storage: Most Laptops in the budget range offer 500GB or more of storage space. A good laptop computer should have at least 500 GB space for a start or even more.
- Battery life: 8+ hours is ideal; 4+ hours is required.
- Where to buy it:The internet has revitalized a number of things and surely one of the easiest things to do today is to buy stuff on the net. You can buy a cheap laptop online today and even have it delivered at your doorstep within no time. Walking through the streets of Nairobi while passing shop by shop asking for the cheapest laptop deal is so 1900 and only makes you vulnerable to the thousands of conmen and rogue traders scattered all over town.
Below you’ll find our choices of the cheapest laptops for students in Kenya. All of them are below 30,000 ksh!
The 5 Cheapest Laptops for Students in Kenya and their prices!
1. ILIFE Zed Air SA – 2GB RAM – Intel Quad Core – Windows 10 – Silver
- Series and Family: ZED AIR
- CPU: INTEL Quad Core
- CPU Internal Clock Rate: up to 1.83 GHz
- CPU Core Quantity: 4 (Quad Core)
- GPU: Intel HD
- Installed RAM Storage Capacity: 2 GB
PRICE: KSh 21,999
WAS: KSh 25,500 -14%
2. Lenovo Ideapad 110 – 15.6″ – Intel Celeron – 500GB HDD – 2GB RAM – OS Not Installed – Black
- Screen Size: 15.6″ HD (1366 x 768) display
- Processor: Intel-celeron- 1.6GHz
- Memory : 2GB RAM
- Harddisk: 500GB
- Battery: 4 Cell 32 Watt Hour Lithium-Ion
PRICE: KSh 24,999
WAS: KSh 26,000 -4%
3. ASUS X540S – 15.6″ – Intel Celeron N3060 – 500GB HDD – 4GB RAM – No OS Installed – Black
- Display Type: 15.6″ HD LED Backlit Glossy
- Model Processor: Intel® Celeron®
- Storage : 4GB RAM + 500GB HDD
- Battery: Li-ion 3 cells
PRICE: KSh 24,999
WAS: KSh 26,999 -7%
4.HP 250G5 CEL 4GB/500GB/DOS/15.6”+ FREE BAG
- Cel / 2 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- 500 GB HDD
- DVD Super Multi
- 15.6″ 1366 x 768 ( HD )
- HD Graphics 5500
- Free Bag
PRICE: KSh 28,999
5. HP 210G1 – 11.6″ – Intel Core i3 – 128GB SSD- 4GB RAM – OS Not Installed – Silver Silver 11.6
- Display Type : 11.6” HD anti-glare LED-backlit, 1366 x 768 pixels
- Memory : 4GB RAM, 128GB
- Processor : Intel® Core™ i3-4010U
- GPU : Intel HD Graphics
- Operating System : Freedos
- Battery: 6-cell,
PRICE: KSh 29,032
When shopping online, remember you have to pay for delivery. Delivery charges range from 300 ksh upwards, depending on how far you live.
Never forget to use your discount coupons. They reduce the overall price of an item significantly. Jumia and Kilimall usually have deals that change every month. You can download their apps or follow their social media pages and you will never have to miss a discount again!