Although most people prefer to buy their mobile phones from local retailers with physical shops, Jumia phones are a great option for those looking to try online shopping.
Jumia offers a wide selection of mobile phones from various brands, both big and small. The prices are both cheap and expensive, depending on the manufacturer and specifications.
The selection has a great variety so depending on your needs and budget, you will probably find a Jumia phone for you.
From our recommendations we show at the end, you will see Jumia phones ranging from XTIGI to iPhones, Android to Apple. All of them available on request.
It is natural to have doubts when it comes to online shopping, especially in Africa. With retailers being in the industry just a few years, local customers take more time to gain trust in their providers.
Jumia phones are reliable online retailers. They boast of being the Number 1 online retailer in Africa so you can trust the products you buy from them are Genuine.
If you are wondering why they are so cheap or why they always offer discounts, the answer is:
- Jumia has many partners that offer deals
- Jumia does not have additional costs of rent/shipping/electricity like physical costs. Therefore, the prices drop significantly.
- Physical shops usually inflate prices to accommodate the bargaining most customers do.
Nevertheless, there are a few things to consider before buying a Jumia Phone:
- Phone Features
Before making a purchase, read the phone features carefully. Make sure they have the specifications you are looking for because you can’t physically inspect a phone like you do in a retail store.
- Read Reviews
Read reviews from other shoppers, especially if you are skeptical. They offer unbiased opinions of their online shopping experience and performance of the purchase.
- Read the Online Policies
It is important to read the fine print. It has information on delivery time and return policies. When you discover your risks, it will lower your frustrations if anything goes wrong.
Advantages of Buying Jumia Phones
- Lower prices
- Mobile phone deals, especially on Mobile Week.
- Saves time
- Variety of phones. Some you will never get in physical shops.
- Very convenient. You don’t have to worry about traffic jams, bad weather and rude attendants.
- No one knows who you are or what Jumia phone you are buying when you do it online.
- You can return your Jumia phone if you do not like what was delivered.
Disadvantages of Buying a Jumia Phone
Buying Jumia phones is fun but everything has its disadvantages. One being, the delivery cost.
Jumia charges a delivery fee for anything you buy from them. This may seem like a hidden cost to some, because it is not indicated until the end of the purchase.
Furthermore, they do not allow the buyer to personally collect the item from their offices. So must pay extra money for delivery, depending on where you live.
- You tend to over spend. Online shopping can become an addiction if not careful.
- It is impossible for you to see or test the phone before delivery. All you have are pictures and features that may not give an accurate real representation of the actual product.
- Delays in deliveries, especially for those in rural, inaccessible areas.
- Returning a purchase can be a long, tedious process. This is why it is important to get the purchase details correct.
There is not much information regarding buying Jumia phones online.
The information available can be misleading which may cost people a lot of money unnecessarily.
Avoid the hustles and follow the steps recommended to make your online shopping experience fun. That is how its supposed to be.
You may also want to read Buying Jumia Laptops